Sunday, January 16, 2011

Central Market...

In every town, there is that establishment that has survived decades and remains a mainstay to all those who reside in it.  Lancaster has that place in Central Market.  Everybody who calls Lancaster home has been to Central Market at one time in their lives, and if your my Mom, every Saturday morning is a tradition filled day full of great buys.  As a kid, I remember waking up early Saturday morning to take the trip downtown with my mom and 3 sisters.  I remember beef jerky, lunch meats and cheese from Weavers, sour candy, UTZ chips, fruits and veggies, and the only place where a hot dog and soda at 9 o'clock seems like a hot dog should never be eaten at any other time.  The funny thing is, all of the close friends of me and my sisters knew what Saturday brought to the Yost household...subs, chips and good treats!  Saturday morning Market trips are by far the biggest tradition in my family as I was growing up, and still is.  Although all of the kids have grown up and started their own lives, Central Market still brings us together, and the generations after us will no doubt learn about the tradition we've grown to love...

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to be impressed sir... That was a nice piece on market and your very right about that being your guys tradition I can't believe your still doing it... I remember going with you guys 15 years ago.... It's crazy how time has passed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you broham! Yea we will never stop doing it...the good old days man, the time does go by way to fast!!

    ReplyDelete